"CARS" (Car Allowance Rebate System), also known as "Cash for Clunkers", or "Cash for Guzzlers" is a Government program operated by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) to offer U.S. drivers an incentive to purchase a new, more fuel-efficient, vehicle. This will get more new cars on the road, and get old gas-guzzling models off them.
There are a few requirements to receive the $3,500 or $4,500 credit. These include:
* Your vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date
* Only purchase or lease of new vehicles qualify
* Generally, trade-in vehicles must get 18 or less MPG (some very large pick-up trucks and cargo vans have different requirements)
* Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in
* You don't need a voucher, we will apply a credit at purchase
* Program runs through September 7, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
* The vehicle that you are trading in is required to be destroyed. Therefore, the value you negotiate with the dealer for your trade in is not likely to exceed its scrap value. The law requires the dealer to disclose to you and estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in vehicle.
There are other stipulations for work trucks.
We are happy to be a participating dealer in this program! You may use this program to receive credit on either a purchase or a lease of a new vehicle through us if you are trading in a qualifying model. We are happy to answer any questions you may have, so please call us with any concerns!
When you stop in, we'll take a look at your vehicle and determine which cars on our lot will qualify for the CARS credit. Because of our wide selection and large inventory, you should have a number of vehicles to choose from. You can browse our current inventory of new cars here. Call us today or visit us in person. We'll make the entire process easy for you!
If you would like us to contact you regarding the Cash for Clunkers program and help you determine if your vehicle is eligable, just fill out our contact form and we'll be in touch.
For more information, and some of the most frequently asked questions, click here.